Summary: This article mainly outline what is AVCHD MTS Video Format, and then walk through the way for using the Newest Sony & Panasonic HD Camcorder Format in editors and players.
AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition) is a format for the recording and playback of high definition video. AVCHD specification allows for both high definition and standard definition recording. For high definition, all major variations are supported, including 720p*, 1080i* and 1080p*. The “AVCHD” is jointly established by Sony and Panasonic.for instance. And some other manufactures produce AVCHD camcoders like Canon XA10, HF G20, HF R21, JVC GZ-HM1, let alone Sony and Panasonic who utilize AVCHD exclusively.
The advantage of AVCHD MTS/M2TS video
1. Recording HD image onto random-access media, including 8cm DVD discs, hard disk drives and removable flash media such as SD/SDHC memory cards and “Memory Stick” cards. This is crucial factor for why AVCHD format could weed out other type-based HD video recording formats, like HDV.
2. AVCHD utilizes MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVC) video compression codec and either Dolby AC-3(Dolby Digital) or linear PCM (is used for the lossless encoding of audio data) audio compression codec. It permits AVCHD MTS video to feature Efficient Reduction in the Size of the data file, provide Sufficient Shooting Time while maintain the High Picture Quality of the HD recording.
3. Compatibility with Blu-ray Disc. Since the structure of AVCHD video is derived from the Blu-ray Disc specification, it has been designed to be compatible with Blu-ray Disc format and can be used for authoring of high definition video on DVD media, though not all Blu-ray players are compatible with AVCHD discs.
4. What makes AVCHD an Unique and Advanced Codec Compression (comparing with other Videos like AVC, MPEG-4, AVI, MKV, MOV, etc) is that it includes features to improve media presentation such as: Menu Navigation, Slide Shows and Subtitles.
Create your AVCHD Video with Sony & Panasonic HD Camcorder
Recording directly from HD camcorder is one way straightforward to create AVCHD MTS file. Best recommended AVCHD camcorders, e.g. Panasonic HDC-SD9, Sony Handycam HDR-CX550V,Canon Vixia HF S21 and Canon HF10, will definitely surprise you with their 27x Zoom, Ful-HD Video and 10.6-Megapixel Stills.
By the way,HD camcorders have become an essential part in every family and it is also an must-take toll when the family have a trip or hold a party. These Sony handycam, Canon Vixia,JVC Everio, Panasonic and other HD camcorders often produce the .mts video files.
For the higher quality of digital life, people prefer to review and share their memorable mts recordings via some home entertainment devices. But the difficult handled video format-AVCHD has make most of people HD camcorder owners so annoyed that they have no idea on how to play and edit AVCHD video files on some edting software and home media devices, like iMovie, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere and Avid Media Composer.
Here Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac is needed as a Mac AVCHD Converter. It’s specific on converting AVCHD/MTS/M2TS files to various video formats in sync and encoding them with preferred video codec for NLE programs on Mac, such as Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Final Cut Express, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Aperture 3, Kdenlive, Keynote, Avid Xpress Pro, Adobe Creative Suite 6, Adobe After Effects CS6, DaVinci Resolve, iPhoto. And support QuickTime MOV outputting with the best video quality interlaced or progressive.
Becides, it is also a Mac AVCHD Player It’s also a smart assistant to well sync your footage to portable devices for playing back on Apple iOS devices like iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5S & 5C, etc.; Android devices like Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Tab 3, Kindle Fire HDX, Xperia Z1, new Nexus 7, Moto X, etc.; Windows 8 devices like Surface 2, Surface Pro 2, Surface RT & Pro, HTC Windows Phone 8, etc., well support Apple TV 3 and other HDTV videos outputting; and other devices like XBox 360, PS3, etc.
- Support Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9
- Added 3D profiles in Format menu. (Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI)
- Support adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle
As the most popular and one of the best sellers, Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac has the reasonable price and high quality.
Great News, Pavtube Studio is offering Free MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac on Mac Apple Store.
Windows Version: MTS/M2TS Converter
Four ways you will benefit from AVCHD MTS Video
1. You can easily achieve Full 1920x1080 Resolution enjoyment which is surely what you desire from playing AVCHD video.
2. Converting and burning AVCHD to DVD for playback with DVD Player is also a better method to enjoy and store the HD recording video on Mac.
3. As advertising message says: Broadcast Yourself, WinX makes YouTube also accept AVCHD video willingly. So there is no boundary to Upload AVCHD to YouTube and share your amusing HD recordings online.
4. Thanks to professional AVCHD Video Converter or AVCHD Video Editor, you can also convert and edit AVCHD video for more broadened use, like transfer AVCHD to iPhone, AVCHD to iPad, iPod, iMovie, iTunes, etc.
Related External Source
AVCHD - Knowing from WikiPedia
AVCHD Video Review from CNET - Authoritative product reviews, prices and software downloads